Wednesday, March 25, 2009

CBJ vs INDY

It is the end of March and I'm really worried.

But how can that be? The weather was nice today. I was fairly productive at work (er, at home working). I found some great, early Pink Floyd to listen to. Finished my taxes last night. Ate good. Bank account is where it should be. What's to worry about?

The Columbus Blue Jackets, that's what.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Blue Jackets and have grown into quite a fan - attending the majority of home games this year and am even in the process of building my own silly "blue light" helmet, should the boys in Union blue reach the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. And thus the problem.

It's not uncommon for us to be watching hockey at the Legion on a Friday, given years past. But we've never had "our team" in the hunt for the Stanley Cup, so the interest has not be there. Now, with a bonafide "our team" in contention, the threat of some veterans not being at Indy the entire weekend creeps into view.

I'm not saying that people are bailing - but there would be some traveling back and forth (from Indy to Columbus) to account for, and that can get tiresome. Of course, this all hinges on how the remaining Jackets season plays out - they are currently in 6th place in the West and must not fall lower than 8th.

The NHL playoffs start in mid April and last into June. Should the Jackets reach the playoffs, it's conceivable they might do well given their style of play. And I will be rooting for them as loud and proud as humanly possible ... but I might be doing so from Lot 1A at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

CBJ or Indy? A tough choice to say the least, but I hope it's a decision I have to make. GO JACKETS!

No comments:

Post a Comment